tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 25 10:21:25 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Schleicher's fable

De'vID jonpIn ([email protected])

De'vID:
>> HuDHomDaq Sarghmey legh veD ghajbe'bogh targh'e'.  lupDuj 'ugh luHtaH wa'.
>>  tep tIn qengtaH wa'.  wa' lIghtaHvIS loD nom ghoS.

Qov:
> Consider reversing the last sentence to {nom ghoS wa' lIghtaHvIS loD} to
> preserve the parallel structure of the three horses' tasks.

maj.  vIlaj.

Qov:
> I think you want {'oy'moH} instead of {'oy'}, or a different prefix in each
> case.

You're right.  I had that line {mu'aw' mInDu'wIj} stuck in my head
from CK, but instead of {'aw'} it was {'oy'} in my head for some
reason.  I'll change it to {'oy'moH}.

Qov:
> "In order for the master to make a shirt that will heat him slightly he uses
> targh fur. And a targ has no fur."
>
> Consider {ghunmoH} instead of {loQ tujmoH} so that I don't have to stop and
> think if loQ might be modifying something else instead.

I thought {ghun} only applied to food?

--
De'vID