tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 25 07:45:52 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] ghojwI''a' mojbogh nIHwI'

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 01:46 '?????' 4/25/2012, you wrote:

I guess people don't want to comment without seeing the English version.

tlhIngan Hol neH vIlegh vIneH. lutvamvaD not tlhIngan Hol vIHevpu'.

The Thief Who Became a Disciple

One evening as Shichiri Kojun was reciting sutras a thief with a sharp sword entered, demanding either money or his life.

Shichiri told him: "Do not disturb me. You can find the money in that drawer." Then he resumed his recitation.

A little while afterwards he stopped and called: "Don't take it all. I need some to pay taxes with tomorrow."

The intruder gathered up most of the money and started to leave. "Thank a person when you receive a gift," Shichiri added. The man thanked him and made off.

A few days afterwards the fellow was caught and confessed, among others, the offence against Shichiri. When Shichiri was called as a witness he said: "This man is no thief, at least as far as I am concerned. I gave him money and he thanked me for it."