tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 03 14:37:07 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] To-Be-Part 2

Qov ([email protected])

> Translation by committee. Sigh.
I'm not sure what you mean with that...?

Due to extreme Facebook inefficiency, there are 100,000-300,000 strings, many of which are redundant or almost identical. It can't be done by one person and there needs to be a certain amount of consistency. Plus we'd like the decisions to be at least acceptable to the maximum number of Klingonists.

Everybody is welcome to work on it, and we would even be happy to have more support. Just as a sidenote: pretty much is done already, so if you like FB in Klingon, just change the language in your account settings.

It turns out that at this time you have to install the translation app in order to select Facebook as your language. If you do elect to help translate please:

1. ignore the glossary - it was thrust on us from an unknown source and we have no way to edit it. 2. join and read the translators forum discussion group (ask me or Lieven etc. to add you)
3. read the two documents outlining the decisions we have made
4. read through the discussions to see why certain things are the way they are and dispute things you disagree with in the forum rather than by trying to change them in the strings--it will help progress because of the way the voting works.

- Qov