tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 31 15:22:00 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Food

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 15:12 31/10/2011, you wrote:
>> How then
>> should we say "Dr Pepper",
>
> <Dr Pepper 'awje'> or <Dr Pepper qo'la' 'awje'>

Why would one use the word "cola" to refer to something that is not a cola?

I thought this one was going to be an undefinable matter of opinion, but it appears that "In 1963 the United States Fifth District Court in Dallas declared that Dr Pepper was not a cola, thus allowing Dr Pepper to expand its reach."

So if Klingons are up on their American cola law, I shouldn't call it that.

What's a cola, then? If I asked for a cola of some kind and someone gave me a Dr Pepper, I would consider the request satisfied.