tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 18 17:53:27 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' vaghmaH vagh: <taS SuQ>

Qov ([email protected])

lab QeS:

Qov:
> pegh, 'a pochtaHvIS lubej Sung puS.

jIH:
> I'm not saying the usage is wrong, but to me 'op Sung would be better
> than Sung puS here.

I fixed all the <'op>mey in this part and I hope will catch them in future parts.

Qov:
> wa'maH cheb'a' Qenvob tIje'.[20]

jIH:
> If it were me I'd say Qenvob wa'maH cheb'a', but I'm not sure if I
> really find wa'maH cheb'a' Qenvob objectionable. I don't know why.

Qov:
> I'm hoping to collect a few opinions on this one.

Having had the chance to think about it, I think I can deal with wa'maH
cheb'a' Qenvob as an apposition. It's still not what I'd naturally say,
but it really does sound more or less okay. Weird.

I think I'll keep this style of designating amounts of stuff for now, but I'm open to more opinions,

jIH:
> SuQchoHlaHbogh tIr qech vItIvbej!

Qov:
> lutvam vIQulmeH tej ghItlhmey vIlaD. vI'angDI' bIHagh.

tI'angbej!

bItung 'e' vIpIH 'ach SoHvaD loS wa' pegh. Satlh vIqelDI' wa' potlh neH vISov. chaq tlhochchu' vuDlIj vuDwIj je, 'a Do' vIqontaHvIS mIghbe'choH.

- Qov