tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 06:45:14 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] how to use {nej}?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

{nej} "look for, seek, search for" in canon:

  qanej
  I look for you. KLS

  vInejqa'
  I am resuming the search.
  I am searching for him/her again. TKD

  jagh luHoHmeH jagh lunejtaH
  They are searching for the enemy in order to kill him.
  [In order to kill the enemy, they are searching for the enemy.] TKD

  'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej
  When an escaped prisoner looks for a guard, he always finds one. TKW

{Sam} "locate, seek and find" in canon:

  cheng'e' DaH yISam
  Find Chang. ST6

  HaqwI''e' DaH yISam
  Find the SURGEON now! TKD

  Qel vISamnIS
  I need to find a doctor. CK

  motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj jIH'a'
  The main viewer on a Klingon ship is usually overlaid with
   a complex target acquisition grid. SP3

  HIq DaSammeH tach yI'el
  To find ale, go into a bar. TKW

  yIvoq 'ach lojmItmey yISam
  Trust, but locate the doors. [sic for {tISam}] TKW

  'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej
  When an escaped prisoner looks for a guard, he always finds one. TKW

  romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
  Romulan hunter-killer probe  KCD

  chotwI' DaSamjaj
  May you find the murderer. KGT