tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 23 07:29:56 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] antenna (was Re: nuq bop bom: 'ay' HutmaH wa': <ngoD tetlh>)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Qov:
>> Hey antennae, both electronic and biological have been on my
>> wishlist for a while. They come up a lot in this story, so if you
>> have better or just alternate suggestions, please send them along.

ghunchu'wI':
> I think {jeqwI'Du'} works a lot better than {DuQwI'Du'} for antennae.

I really like that, at least for Andorians: "protrusions" from {jeq} "protrude from".

  tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlh'e'
  That is not my dagger protruding from your midsection. FTG

  The object of this verb would be the thing from which something
  else (the subject) protrudes. Thus, {chor jeq taj} means "a knife
  protrudes from a belly". I suppose this is a handy word to know
  if you're vacationing on {Qo'noS}.  [Okrand to Qermaq, st.k 6/97]

> Or you could call them {jargh nochDu'}.

"forehead sensors" - why did you choose the regionalism {jargh}?  Also, do we really know what function Andorian antennae perform?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons