tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 16 13:12:06 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] learnings from Saarbrucken qepHom'a'

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

>> <'IvtIH> "n. hip"
>
> baQa' jay'! Only now I know what it means, I got the pun. I believe I
> will never get rid of it... :-)

My history of pun-derstanding this word is somewhat different:

Saw the word. Understood that it was a plural body part.
Wondered if the fact that De'vID was reluctamt to state its meaning was due to its being naughty.
Noticed that it was used in a very raunchy nuq bop bom 'ay'; took this as confirmation that it referred to naughty parts.
Read Qov's story in full. Apparently, the woman was the one with 'IvtIHDu', so it probably referred to breasts (perhaps specifically to the female incarnation thereof).
Was perplexed by the sentence «DuQqu'meH, 'IvtIHDu'Daj 'uch Mahoun. pe'vIl 'eltaH.», but didn't dare ask for clarifucation.
Investigated the pun. "hooray". Made sense to me, but I was still a bit surprised to see pun of that nature enter the language.

...and then De'vID explained what the word really meant, and there was much blushing.

loghaD qabDoq
baQa' jay'! Only now I know what it means, I got the pun. I believe I
will never get rid of it... :-)

Lieven.