tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 15 21:18:45 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' chorghmaH wej: <'e' tul pagh tlhIngan>

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> Could I not say:
> ghutar HoH HoD 'ej HIq tlhutlh je.
> ghutar HoH HoD 'ej nov qIH je Hota'ro'.
>
> Does the verb that the je appends to have to have some relation to the
> previous verb or share subjects and objects? The second one seems pretty
> strange. but I'm sure I could concoct a context in which it made sense.

jang ghunchu'wI', jatlh:
> As TKD describes it in Section 5.3, {je} used this way is still a noun
> conjunction. {HIq tlhutlh je} "he drank liquor too" could mean either
> "he and others drank liquor" or "he drank liquor and something else".
> The null prefix suggest to me that the former meaning is unlikely. But
> it absolutely does not mean "also, he drank liquor."

With respect, yes, that's exactly what it means. SkyBox card SP2 has the
following text describing the tlhIngan may' taj:

ghop luQan tajHommey. pe'laH je.
The bladelets protect the hand. They can also cut.

(My translation, because the English version on the card is quite free.)