tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 07 08:20:24 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - First Words

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>> train - lupwI' mIr

Qov:
> Do we have canon showing mIr to also be forged metal links?

{mIr} "chain" has never been used in canon AFAIK.

All I have is this comment in English WRT {ghIgh} "assignment, task, duty" (slang):

KGT 150:  As this word [{ghIgh}] literally means "necklace", perhaps the slang usage is based on the old practice of identifying one's position within a military unit--for example, one's assignment on a ship--by means of a symbol hung on a chain worn around the neck.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons