tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 22 13:38:13 2011

Re: KTH - vI'angta''a'?

Christoph Pichlmann ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

>Felix Malmenbeck
>HoD: qatlh choQ loSDaq tlhuHlaHbe' beq?
>yaS: muD ngeb SeHwI' patDaq qagh tu'lu'!
>HoD: *Qagh* Dajatlh 'e' DaHech.
>yaS: ghobe'. *qagh*.
majQa'.
Took me a while to figure it out. Neat. (Did I mention I need to learn more vocabulary? Sadly, the word "tlhuHlaHbe' " demonstrates one of the shortcomings of the interface.)

>> vuDmey tIja'.
>vIparHa'. lo'laHlaw'.
jIQuch.

>I think it would be nice if you didn't have to hold the mouse down to view the words. People may want to move the cursor over to the text on the left in order to copy it,
>and I personally do a lot of my work using a touchpad rather than a mouse.
Hm.
KTH yIn wa'DIch, bI'uchnISbe'. much ngo' QaghmoH, vIchoH. much chu' pIm. QaghmoHbe'.
vIchoHqa'. KTH vIje'. DaH DawIvlaH.

(Not sure if this is understandable. This is what I wanted to say:
At first you didn't have to hold (the mouse). Because of the way it was displayed, this caused problems. So I changed it. The new display doesn't have that problem, so I changed it again. I improved it. Now you can choose.
(I added an option at the start screen. Choose what fits best for you.)

For the actual explanation:
At first there was no fancy interface, just an HTML file that contained the text. The "translation" would be shown where the word is. So if you scroll across it, you'd constantly see text flashing, which I consider very annoying. Also, some versions of IE have horrible perfomance with the way the text is hidden/shown.

Now that there is the web interface with a separate window for the information, the only problem remaining (old) IE. QaghtaH...?)

vISov: "JavaScript" lo'lu'mo' DaqIpta'. 'ach, "JavaScript" vIlo'Qo' - batlhwIj poQ! "CSS" woQ yIlegh! Do'Ha', 'oHbe' woQ'a'...
(I know, with JS it would be possible to just click(hit) it. But my honor demands that I do not use Javascript. Behold the power of CSS. Unfortunately, not the ultimate power...
Seriously, I prefer not to use JS. I know nowadays all browsers understand standard JS, but I prefer to do without it. CSS today is powerful enough for most tasks. It is not the ultimate solution, unfortunately.)

vIDubtaH. vay' chup?

(I'll continue to improve it. Any suggestions?)

Christoph

Back to archive top level