tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 17 23:59:51 2011

qepHom-reminder

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I will jump on Lawrence's train and will adapt his beautiful text to
announce our next qepHom, hoping he will excuse this "stealing" and
regard it has a tribute to his nice writing ;-)

It's time to make plans to attend the qepHom'a' wa'maHDIch!

As I mentioned before, this year we are celebrating our tenth anniversary.

To recap:

Past qepHommey have begun with people trickling in on a
Friday afternoon or evening, followed by two solid days of
activities in a hotel conference room and on the last night
having our Klingon party. Sunday morning, groggy, sometimes
hungover, we've congregated in the hotel lobby and said our
goodbyes.

This year will be a bit different.

The straggling in will occur on Wednesday, November 9th, at the
Youth Hostel in Saarbrucken, Germany. We will meet in the lobby first
and enjoy the first meeting while visiting the city, a first time event
of the qepHom. Thursday will be the cosy arrival day for all those who
attend later. All the others who haved arrived soon might practice their
Klingon at the lobby or visit the 'big' tenth qepHom anniversary
exhibition. At night, after the opening banquet, a feature-length movie
about ten years of qepHom will be presented as the official opening of
the qepHom.
Friday morning will start with the traditional introduction for newbies,
which is always a welcome update for the advanced speakers. The
following two days will be filled with our usual learning games,
lectures and practices. The lectures will be relaxed with a funny and
yet interesting lecture by professor Hubert Zitt from Kaiserslautern
University about the relationship between Star Trek and the real world.
A big Klingon meal is set up for Friday night, and on Saturday we will
again do our annual invasion of our own Klingon bar.

Last, but definitely not least, it needs to be mentioned that Marc
Okrand himself has confirmed his visit of this unforgettable anniversary
qepHom.

HOTEL

Our arrangement with the Hostel is as follows:

Prices are in Euro, including taxes, per person:
(one Euro approx. $ 1,42)

29,90 per night for Quad occupancy
35,40 per night for Double occupancy
44,50 per night for Single occupancy

That rate includes, daily:
* continental breakfast
* a cold lunch buffet
* a hot dinner buffet

With these really cheap rates, you might accept that there is no
swimming pool ;-)

QEPHOM-REGISTRATION

This year, the registration fee for the qepHom ist 20,00 Euro. It's a
bit higer than usual becaue it includes the big Klingon banquet.
T-Shirts are available for 15 Euro a year. Please note that you can
order a supporting membership if you cannot attend.

Reservations can be made through the website:
http://www.qephom.de

or got directly here:
http://www.qephom.de/e/nextqephom.html

The registration deadline for our room block is September 10th 2011. If
you register later, it might happen that there are no rooms left. And I
can tell you this has happened before, so hurry now before it's too
late. As for today, we have eighteen reservations already.

SUMMARY:

   weekend of 11/11/11
   register at www.qepa.de

remember, remember: