tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 28 10:32:52 2010

RE: A request for assistance

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

ghItlhta' voragh
> <sigh> Clearly my etymology drove my imagination.
>
> Hmm...  {nay} "marry (bride does this)" (v.) vs. {nay'} "course,
> dish (at a meal)" (n.).  Looks like spelling it *{tlhoghnay} may
> preserve that etymology after all!

Ah, very true!

ghItlhta' voragh
> Not a perfume, but a virus:
>
>  "Worf found the smell of a Quazulu VIII virus similar to the
>  Throgni."                 [Star Trek Encyclopedia, p.219]

Aye, but it was technically the perfume which bore the virus that carried the scent, not the virus itself.

ghItlhta' Fiat Knox
> A good job the original poster wasn't asking for assistance
> in translating "the latticifer ontogeny of the Kaladian thorn
> flower," then.

I think I'd have a hard time just translating that into my own mother tongue :P

Back to archive top level