tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 17:19:22 2010

Re: Klingon Games and list archives

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Darin Arrick <[email protected]>wrote:
> I noticed this, too. Are the messages actually being archived somewhere,
> meaning that just the web interface is broken? Or are new messages not
> being
> archived (the worse of the two cases)? Has the KLI webmaster (who is that,
> anyway?) been notified?
>
> I'm not yet a member of the KLI, but I think I will join soon. Part of me
> wants to offer my services (15+ years in the IT industry, sys admin,
> network
> admin, web developer, programmer, etc.) to upgrade the website, if needed,
> but I am hesitant; I've been burned in the past by small non-profits and
> those who run them. I'm not saying that the KLI's people are bad, just that
> I have past experience that makes me very, very wary of offering
> assistance.
> But, here I am, even mentioning this at all. I guess that means I'm
> slightly
> open to the idea of helping, if asked.

There are many skilled IT pros on this list and I'm sure, with the right
leadership, something wonderful could be created.

The best place to discuss these kinds of things is the qep'a' though. It's
much easier to come up with a plan when all the major players are sitting
around a table. I've learned that trying to plan such things over email
doesn't work too well (and it's hard to sketch out graphical designs :). If
you're serious about learning Klingon, it's worth the trip and the more
people that come, the more fun it is and the more you'll learn!.

'ej DaH 'op pImchu' vImuch... wej Sa'Hutmey ghaj loD. :D

qurgh
(wej Sa'Hutmey ghajbogh loD'e' ghaHbe'...)

Back to archive top level