tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 08 09:02:52 2010

RE: Manic 8 Ball

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
>> I'm helping someone translate a Magic 8 Ball app into Klingon (So far
>> he has English, Spanish, and German. French and Elvish are in the
>> works).
>> This app contains the typical phrases you'd see plus a whole lot more.
>>
>> Obviously not all of the phrases will translate into Klingon easily,
>> like "as if".
>>
>> So I'm asking for answers to yes/no questions besides "yes" and "no".
>> Simple, complex, funny, whatever.
Here are some short possibilities (mainly adverbials):

chaq        perhaps
ghaytan     likely
ghaytanHa'  unlikely - {ghaytanHa' jay'} Not bloody likely!
roD         usually, customarily, habitually, regularly

DuH         "it's possible"
qIt         "it's possible"

reH         always, forever
not         never