tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 23 07:47:53 2010

Icelandic Volcano Pronounciation

Eric Koske ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I was pretty excited yesterday to realize that I could successfully
pronounce the name Eyjafjallajökull by thinking of it as tlhIngan
"words" spelled something like this:

'ey 'av yatlh'a' yer qutlh

The glottal stops throw the pronounciation off somewhat, but I
couldn't bring myself to omit them and create nonsense syllables...

It was interesting to discover that the Icelandic double L is
apparently the same as tlhIngan {tlh}

On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:44 PM, MorphemeAddict <[email protected]> wrote:

> There are some poems in the issues of <jatmey>, but my copies are in
> storage.
> lay'tel SIvten
>
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Taylor Skidmore <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> My local library is having a poetry contest and requested that I
>> enter one in Klingon, but I'm not even close to good enough to begin.
>> If someone has something they'd be willing to use, that'd be great.
>> The deadline is tomorrow, so I would need it soon. Thanks

Back to archive top level