tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 22 08:44:58 2010

Re: Waste

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

> naHQun:
>>I should note that I'm specifically talking about owls, which get rid
>>of their waste differently than most creatures.

Voragh:

> Please explain.

Most animals get rid of their waste through their rear.
Owls eat their prey whole, and after they digest it, spit out the fur
and bones through their mouth.
The result is an "owl pellet" which is bones wrapped in fur. All from
the same animal.
Some elementary (grade) school children dissect them in Science class.

> BTW, for "owl" are you using {lIr} (called "a nocturnal bird" in HQ 10.4)? Â[PUN: "Edward Lear is famous for his poem 'The Owl and the Pussycat', and is slightly less famous for his paintings of landscapes--and of birds, particularly owls." (ghunchu'wI')]

I wasn't. Thanks.

--
~naHQun tammuj puqloD
Commander of the IKS lIywI'