tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 31 06:10:44 2009

Re: Doctoral project on the Klingon language - bing thanks!

d'Armond Speers ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

toH, wIlaDlaH'a'?  nuqDaq vISuqlaH?

SKI: So, can we read it?  Where can I get a copy?

Congratulations!!

--Holtej

On Aug 31, 2009, at 5:33 AM, Karolina Kazimierczak wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Some of you may know me from personal correspondence. Other may (or
> may not) remember my only message posted to this list over three
> years ago when I was looking for help in my PhD project on invented
> languages (especially Klingon language and Tolkien's Elvish
> languages) and the communities of their users.
> Since that first message, I have been silently lurking on this list,
> reading your discussions and learning a lot about the Klingon
> language and its scholarship.
> Now I‚ve come out of the shadow once again to let you know that this
> year I finally finished my research at Lancaster University and
> successfully defended my doctoral thesis, titled: ŒTranslating
> Imaginary Aliens, Transgressing Imaginary Scholars: Invented
> Languages and the Performances of Fan/Scholarship‚.
> I wanted to thank you all for accepting my presence on this list and
> for allowing me to get a glimpse of what the community of
> Klingonists and Klingon fans is (or is not).
>
> Best wishes to you all,
> Karolina Kazimierczak

> Learn how to add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps.

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D.
[email protected]

Back to archive top level