tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 31 04:35:36 2009

Doctoral project on the Klingon language - bing thanks!

Karolina Kazimierczak ([email protected])

Dear All,

Some of you may know me from personal correspondence. Other may (or may not) remember my only message posted to this list over three years ago when I was looking for help in my PhD project on invented languages (especially Klingon language and Tolkien's Elvish languages) and the communities of their users.
Since that first message, I have been silently lurking on this list, reading your discussions and learning a lot about the Klingon language and its scholarship.
Now I?ve come out of the shadow once again to let you know that this year I finally finished my research at Lancaster University and successfully defended my doctoral thesis, titled: ?Translating Imaginary Aliens, Transgressing Imaginary Scholars: Invented Languages and the Performances of Fan/Scholarship?.
I wanted to thank you all for accepting my presence on this list and for allowing me to get a glimpse of what the community of Klingonists and Klingon fans is (or is not).

Best wishes to you all,
Karolina Kazimierczak

Learn how to add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/

Back to archive top level