tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 02:25:30 2008

Re: RE: qepHom'a' SochDIch

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ja' Voragh:

> Quvar:
> >> this is the last call for the next upcoming qepHom'a' [sic] Number 7
> >> in Germany. Even Marc Okrand agreed to call this event a qepHom-'a'
> >> because it is way more than just a "minor meeting".
>
> But somehow less than a {qep} "meeting"?  <g>

Good remark!

This originally started, because many people do not see these words in their literal sense. The word {qep'a'} is not only a "big meeting", is stands for the annual meeting of the KLI. Other meetings beside the qep'a' are called {qepHom}, and this word has grown popularity with the meaning "klingon language meeting which is not the qep'a'" (at least here in germany).

The qepHom in Germany which I have been holding for more than ten years now really started as a "very small meeting", a real qepHom. Over the years it qept growing, and now we are going to have the seventh qepHom with about twenty participants over a whole weekend.

People are used to call it "qepHom", although it is not a qep-"Hom" any more.

Quvar.