tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 22 07:56:50 2008

Re: toH. qaD. qaDmey vIparHa'.

Sangqar ([email protected])

> I was then lectured offline by someone else who was trying to defend
> the guy who wrote in about Atlantean. Tossed into that complaint was
> something to the effect of, "I often disagree with you..." and a few
> other unnecessary, emotional tidbits suggesting "I don't like you very
> much, but that's not why I'm writing you this time." When I pointed
> out that I wasn't even addressing that person, the lecturer wrote back
> a mild apology, not quite up to the task of smoothing out the feathers
> he so enthusiastically ruffled. It didn't improve my mood.

While I disagree with your characterization of my first email, that's
not the real issue I have with this paragraph. I have to wonder what you
think would have been a more appropriate apology. I apologized and
admitted I was wrong.

On another note, you seem very concerned about your ruffled feathers. I
could quote an old parable here, but you'd probably consider it trite.
Instead, I will just suggest that if so many exchanges with you end up
with someone's feathers getting ruffled, it may be you, and not the rest
of the world, that is the cause.

I would also suggest you reconsider leaving the list. You do seem to use
the language well, and newbies (and rusty folk like myself) benefit from
having good examples.

Back to archive top level