tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 18 14:52:21 2008

Re: toH. qaD. qaDmey vIparHa'.

d'Armond Speers ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

> jImIyQo' 'ach SoH rur 'e' jagh HoS Dun je vIjeyDI' jIlopQo'
> je.

I've been following along with mild amusement, but now I'm stuck trying to
figure out what you intend to say.  I can't see how this is grammatical.

First, if {SoH} "you" is the object of {rur}, you need a prefix.  Either
{Durur} or {nIrur}.  TKD 4.1.

Second, it looks like you want both {HoS} and {Dun} to be adjectives for
{jagh}.  KGT p. 82, they must be joined with {je'} or {'ach} or something:
{jagh HoS 'ej Dun}.  Either that, or you're using the conjunction for nouns
({je}) when you mean to be using the conjunction for verbs ({je'}).  Either
way it's wrong.

Third, it looks like the {je} right after {Dun} is trying to conjoin the
noun phrase {jagh HoS Dun} and the sentence {SoH rur}.  TKD 5.3, {je} is for
nouns, {'ej} is for sentences.  This is just weird.

The combined effect of this is that it just looks like a jumble of words
that I can't make any sense of.  Can you clarify please?

> Peace,
>

> Alex.

qatlho',

--Holtej