tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 11:17:11 2008

cha' Hol ngeb mu'ghommey Daj vItu'pu'!

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

For those compiling a bibliography...

During my work at the University of Chicago Library, I've stumbled upon two
interesting illustrated dictionaries of artificial/imaginary languages
which, inter alia, discuss Klingon:

Paolo Albani and Berlinghiero Buonarroti's _Aga magèra difùra: dizionario
delle lingue immaginarie_.  Bologna: Zanichelli, 1994.  ("Klingon, lingua
dei" pp. 213-214.)

Tim Conley and Stephen Cain's _Encyclopedia of Fictional and Fantastic
Languages_.  Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2006.  ("Klingonese" and the
other languages of Star Trek pp. 169-173; article includes a fairly
complete bibliography.)

BTW, have we settled on a term for "artificial/constructed/imaginary
language" yet?  In my notes I have *{Hol ngeb} and *{Hol 'oghlu'(pu')bogh},
the latter used on the KLI website.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons