tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 07 07:51:57 2008

Re: qep'a'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>ghItlh DloraH:
> >> With the reviews I read, I don't know if I dare see it.
>
>jang lay'tel:
> > I don't care what the reviews say.  I still want to see it (even own it).

Quvar:
>bIlughqu'. vIleghta' vIneH jIH je. 'ej 'oH vIje'pu', vISuq. DaH 'oH
>vIleghta' 'ej vIghaj. Dunbe' Earthlings, 'ach tlhIngan Hol yejHaD bopmo',
>Dajbej 'oH. taHjaj wo'.

According to my information "Earthlings: Ugly Bags of Mostly Water" does
have a Klingon parallel title which we should probably use:  {bIQSIp
'ugh}.  (OK, so "heavy hydrogen [deuterium isotope]" is not how I would
have translated it;  a simple {tera'nganpu'} would have sounded fine by
me!  I wonder... were they trying for *{bIQSIp moH} "ugly water" and got
confused by {'ugh} "be heavy"? which sounds like "ugly"?)

In any event ads, posters and trailers are available online at:

<http://www.earthlings-movie.com/e_posters.htm>http://www.earthlings-movie.com/e_posters.htm

and the trailer from the U.K. vendor's site is at:

http://play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1131393/Earthlings_Ugly_Bags_Of_Mostly_Water/Product.html

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons