tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 23 23:25:33 2006

RE: Dilbert Comic in Klingon for 2006/10/18

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> > >Wally:  "One day I realized that sadness is just another word
> > >          for not enough coffee."
> > >wa'lI': yapHa'chugh Dargh wIb 'IQ jIH qen 'e' vIyaj.
> >
> > Don't forget to conjugate your verbs: That should be
> {jI'IQ} "I'm sad".  If
>
> ghuy'cha'!  reH Suvrup SuvwI''a'.
>
> {yapbe'chugh Dargh wIb jI'IQ qen 'e' vIyaj.}

The english is talking about how a word is being given a new meaning; but
the klingon is simply stating a personal fact and makes no mention of the
new definition, and the klingon is saying "I" am sad, where as the new
english definition is suppose to theoretically apply to anyone.

qa'vIn yapHa' 'oS ['IQ] mu' 'e' vItlhojchoHpu'.

DloraH

Back to archive top level