tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 17 08:38:39 2006

Verse 2

Elizabeth Lawrence ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

 Here is verse 2 and verse 1 for those who didn't recieve it, any grammar or
stylistic comments would be appreciated.   Verse 1:   "Son," said my mother
When I was knee-high "You've need of clothes to cover you And not a rag have
I."   <<puqloD>> jatlh SoSwI' law' ben jImachtaHvIS <<naH tajHom vIghajbe'
'ach betleH DaghajnIS>>   Verse 2:   "There's nothing in the house To make a
boy breeches Nor shears to cut a cloth with Nor thread to take stitches"
<<juHmajDaq pagh tu'lu' vaj SoHchoH ghojmeH puq joplaHbe' 'ej way'laHbe' 'ej
jaghpu'na' DaSuq>>   As I said before, this is not a literal translation,
butI think the spirit of the poem works well in klingon.   -be''etlh
[1]

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2737??PS=47575

Back to archive top level