tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 12 12:18:04 2006

Re: KLBC: Translating Dilbert Comic for 2006/10/12

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Wow, you're really good. I find no real grammar
errors at all, but I do have some doubts about
certain phrases.

--- pm5 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Greetings Warriors:
>
> Here are the dialogues in [today's comic][1],
> followed by my
> translation.  The only buzzword seems to be "reorg",
> which I have
> translated to {DIvI' chenqa'moHghach},
> "reconstruction of
> organization".  Corrections and advises are
> appreciated.
>
>     "Loud Howard returns."
>     {cheghpu' chuSwI'.}

This would actually be {cheghta'}, since he probably
returned on purpose. Also, you could transliterate
the name, if you wanted: {Haw'orID chuS}.

>     Boss: "Loud Howard, I'm planning a reorg and I
> need you to ..."
>     pIn:  {chuSwI' DIvI' chenqa'moHghach vInabtaH
> 'ej ... }

I think of a {DIvI'} as a government-level structure.
I think you could use {malja'} 'business'.  I like
{chenqa'moHghach}.

>     Loud Howard: "A REORG?"
>     chuSwI':     {chenqa'moHghach!}

As per our last discussion, this could possibly be
{chenqa'moHghach'a'?}.

>     Boss: "... keep it to yourself."
>     pIn:  {'oHvaD yItamchoH.}

 "Be silent for the sake of it" isn't wrong, but it
sounds to me. I'd use {De'vetlh yIpeghmoH} "Make this
information secret".

>     Loud Howard: "CAN DO!"
>     chuSwI':    {lu'!}

maj.