tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 31 21:02:28 2006

RE: KLBC (adverbials)

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> --- Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In conclusion of all this, i do beleive you guys are
> > saying the following:
> >
> >   -No punctuation and adverb affects both verbs.
>
> No, only the main verb.
>

> >   -With commas, it offects the one it's on the same
> > side of the comma with.
> >

> Yes.
>
> >   -with (-bogh) it would affect the verb with
> > (-bogh) on it.
> >

> That's what _I'm_ saying, but I don't think Voragh
> would completely agree. 8+)
>
> -- ter'eS

My two cents...

In written form it is ambiguous; or rather we don't know how it is written,
and using the phonetic written system that we use, because it is not
"klingon" writing, we can use punctuation however we find necessary.

When speaking, if I wanted to say:
>      loQ Doqqu'bogh Doch vIparHa'
>   1. I like the thing-which-is-a-little-bit-red.

I would quickly say /loQ Doqqu'bogh Doch/, then a short pause and finish
/vIparHa'/

If I wanted to say:
>   2. I like the thing-which-is-red a little bit.

I would say /loQ/, a short pause, /Doqqu'bogh Doch/ lumped together, short
pause, and finish /vIparHa'/

Sometimes when writing I will use extra spaces to show those pauses; if it
is necessary to disambiguate.
loQ  Doqqu'bogh Doch  vIparHa'.
loQ Doqqu'bogh Doch  vIparHa'.

DloraH