tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 31 19:47:47 2006

Re: KLBC (adverbials)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Then theoretically, it would be wise to put a comma on each sentance, but the real problem comes when you speak it... Punctuation dosn't occure when you speak it...  Problem is, this is not documented in TKD... So, for those of you out there that have resources other than TKD and TKW (I heard TKW isn't always proper Klingon so it can't be trusted as a source unless it's for vocabulary, not structure)  show what you have of examples... It might even be preference... like jIQong (i sleep) and jIQong (i am sleeping). That kinda thing might be what we have going here...
Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:  --- Shane MiQogh wrote:

> In conclusion of all this, i do beleive you guys are
> saying the following:
>
> -No punctuation and adverb affects both verbs.

No, only the main verb.

> -With commas, it offects the one it's on the same
> side of the comma with.

Yes.

> -with (-bogh) it would affect the verb with
> (-bogh) on it.

That's what _I'm_ saying, but I don't think Voragh
would completely agree. 8+)

-- ter'eS