tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 27 22:53:19 2006

Re: <Bloodwine> tlhIngan

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten, ja':
>What color is Klingon blood in Klingon?

There's still some argument among the die-hard fans as to whether Klingon
blood is red like human blood, as it was shown in TOS, or puce/pink, as
shown in ST:VI. However, if you speak Klingon the argument is completely
obviated, because either one would be {Doq}. {{:)

Since Klingon has only four basic colour terms, {Doq} is obviously the
simplest choice. For my part, I'd probably say {Doqqu' 'ej wov} if I wanted
to be a bit more descriptive.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D21550&_t=21550&_r=endtext&_m=EXT