tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 27 04:34:56 2006

Re: Slench... SuvwI'vaD ghaH?

In a message dated 3/27/2006 6:26:26 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> in this case (since slench is primarily stationary) Sum would be for him,
> of which he *IS* the 3rd person in this case.

You're using "3rd person" again strangely.  I wonder if you really understand
what the term means.

"3rd person" is whatever is talked about that is not 1st person (the speaker)
or 2nd person (the listener, person spoken to).  To say someone is the 3rd
person, as if he were in a lineup, is to misunderstand what the term means,
because the 1st and 2nd persons in the lineup are also in (note the preposition)
the 3rd person, unless you or I am each one of those two first people.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level