tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 20 14:12:27 2006

Re: On a more humerous note (some may not think of this as funny)

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Shane MiQogh">
> Has anyone considered the one thing Klingon dosn't have that almost all
> languages do have? The thing that annoys people to no end... ACRONYMS AND
> CHATSPEAK!

Most of the acronyms/chatspeak I know is based on English. I've invented a
few Dutch ones myself, although most of those are puns on English words...
I don't know many non-English ones...

> If one wants to make the KLI more unique
[...]
> come up with a list of "Klingon Acronyms" to add as a humor section.
Ok, just a little question of semantics... How does looking more like your
neighbour make you more unique then you already are?

>   3puH (Charming) Excl
>   3 (not yet) ADV
>   0 (Either/OR) Conj
>   4pev (Quadrotriticale) noun