tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 19 13:15:44 2006

Re: word histories

naHQun ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

jatlh Quvar:

>I have the same question:

>Do you see this "inside the game", as in "the klingons adapted
>the word from
>the terran word X", or would you like to know how marc okrand found >the words? That's sometimes difficult to make a difference between a
>"pun", that is a joke (-->qul) and a real story which could be based
>on something without being funny (like {na'} obviously based
>on "Na")

When I first asked the question, I wanted to know "outside" stories
but afterwards I realized I wanted both. And yes, I do see how it would
be difficult to separate stories from puns, I was compiling the puns
seperately, but I'll eventually put them all in the same place,
so there's no real point in trying to keep them apart.

Short answer: I want it all.

~naHQun