tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 11 08:55:58 2006

Re: (speaking/reading of Klingon) Re: antimatter {rugh}

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane MiQogh" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:56 PM
Subject: (speaking/reading of Klingon) Re: antimatter {rugh}

> Fact is, it takes me half an hour at this point to translate things...

'ej tlhIngan Hol vIHaDchoHDI', nIb ghu'wIj. Hoch QIn vInuDchu', 'ej mu'
vIyajbe'bogh vISamDI', nav machDaq vIqon, 'ej latlh DopDaq DIvI' Hol mu'
vIqon. ghIq, Hoch jaj, navmeyvam vIHaD. jIHvaD Qapchu'. yInID!

I had the identical situation when I started. So I combed every post for
words I did not recognize and made flashcards from these words, which I
studied everyday. Worked great for me. Go ahead, give it a try.

And none of my sourcecs say "QIn"... Not sure what it is... I'm guessing
it's a form of a noun.

wa' DIp Segh neH ghaj tlhIngan Hol. vaj bIlughchu'; DIp 'oH. 'ej "message"
'oS <<QIn>>. KGTDaq tu'lu'law'.

We have only one form of noun in Klingon. So you're right; it's a noun. And
a "QIn" is a message. I think it's in Klingon for the Galactic Traveler.

Fact of the matter is, i don't have enough information other than to form an
one word statement.

vaj bItaghpu'. DIp 'oH QIn'e' 'e' Daloypu', 'ej bIlughchu', vaj loQ pab
Dayajba'. bIghojmeH bIHaDnIS, 'ej mIw Dataghlaw'. yItaH! yISIQ! 'ej tugh
nenchoH laHwIj.

But it's a start.  You've correctly guessed that "QIn" is a noun, so you
obviously have a grasp of some of the grammar. To learn, you must study, and
it seems you've begun that process. Persevere, and you'll get good soon
enough.

--ngabwI'
Klingon Grammarian
HovpoH 704272.2