tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 07:26:10 2006

Re: Pronounciation KLBC (i'd like to get ahold of some one with a mic)

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Since this isn't a grammar question or question
about specific sounds, I throw this open to
general comments.

I will say that 99% of my use of klingon has
been text-based, so I don't find the issues
of pronunciation as pressing as some people
appear to (then again, I study Ancient Egyptian,
so I'm very comfortable with having essentially
_no_ idea how the words are pronounced).

-- ter'eS BG

--- Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:

> I need some one with a mic, and is good with their
> pronounciation. I'm having trouble understanding
> some of the stuff with the Klingon dictionary and i
> think the r, gh, and H come to mind when i read this
> and i think there might be some conflicts. If anyone
> has a mic, i'd like for them to try to help me get
> my pronounciation right some time, and maybe (since
> supposedly the one who did the vocals on the site
> couldn't roll his Rs) replace some of those files
> with some not only clearer, but better examples.
> It's probably best if we can get examples isolating
> the specific sounds and only those sounds like "S"
> instead of "SoS SoS" like in that example. If no one
> has a mic, we may have to find another way, but the
> pronounciation (in my opinion) is the first thing
> that needs to be redocumented. If a bunch of you
> have mics, i'd rather try it with some one over
> teamspeak (due to clear voice chats) over the aol
> voice chat. lol But, if i am not gonna be picky if i
> don't have much a selection.
>  lol

> Yahoo! Mail
> Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a
> breeze.

Back to archive top level