tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 19 15:16:30 2006

Re: Neologisms (was Re: I have a few questions that confuse me...)

ja' captain kalaa:

> Part of the "task" of creating new words is what every
> culture uses in its everyday life, and how the usage
> changes over time.  I'm sure this is not a new concept
> to members of this group.

cha' DuH qellu'.
wa':  tlhIngan nugh maHbe'.  mu'mey chu' DIchenmoH maH 'e' wIqotlhbe'.
cha':  tlhInganpu' maH 'e' wIghet.  Hol wISeHmeH DIb wIDoQ.

teH DuH wa'.  tlhIngan jIHbe'.  tlhIngan Hol vIHaD neH.
ngeb DuH cha'.  Quj neH Del.  Qujlu'meH, chut luvuvnISlu'.

Quj chutmey DachoH DaneHchugh, taHbogh chutmey luHublu' 'e' DapIHnIS.

> What I am attempting to do (part time, I admit), is to
> "fill in some of the cultural gaps" not tackled by
> KLI, Paramount/Star Trek, or tlhingan-Hol speaking
> fans.  In my own small way, I am trying to encourage
> Trek fans to "see" Klingon cultures as complete,
> "historic realities".  In this way, supporting use of
> and variation in tlhingan-Hol will become a matter of
> course.

qay'choHlaH ngoqlIj.  choH Hol 'e' DanumDI', jatlhwI'pu' Dawav.  wej
mayap; mataHmeH matay'qu'nIStaH.

'ej bItlhoch'eghlaw'.  naQchugh tlhIngan nugh, machoHbe'nIS maH.

> Sometimes I have SO much to say on this subject I feel
> it will suffocate me, and yet I am trying to be as
> brief as possible here.  I believe that many people
> here are well-educated and articulate, but are also
> male.

naDev po' 'op be'pu'.

> I do think that being female does give me a
> different perspective on tlhingan-Hol, and it takes
> two sides to make a coin, lol.

Dop Da'angpu'be'.  Hol DachoHpa', Hol wIghajbogh yIlo'choH jay'.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level