tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 19 06:04:16 2006

RE: Neologisms (was Re: I have a few questions that confuse me...)

captain kalaa ([email protected])

I know I took a long time to reply to this thread.

Part of the "task" of creating new words is what every
culture uses in its everyday life, and how the usage
changes over time.  I'm sure this is not a new concept
to members of this group.

What I am attempting to do (part time, I admit), is to
"fill in some of the cultural gaps" not tackled by
KLI, Paramount/Star Trek, or tlhingan-Hol speaking
fans.  In my own small way, I am trying to encourage
Trek fans to "see" Klingon cultures as complete,
"historic realities".  In this way, supporting use of
and variation in tlhingan-Hol will become a matter of
course.

Sometimes I have SO much to say on this subject I feel
it will suffocate me, and yet I am trying to be as
brief as possible here.  I believe that many people
here are well-educated and articulate, but are also
male.  I do think that being female does give me a
different perspective on tlhingan-Hol, and it takes
two sides to make a coin, lol.

"I've got ONE job on this lousy ship, it's STUPID, but I'm gonna do it! Okay?!" -- Gwen DeMarco (Sigourney Weaver), Galaxy Quest