tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 09 07:54:52 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: wav (verb)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> >May have been used in ST6 during the war council on Kronos One after
> >Gorkon's assassination:
> >
> >  Grokh:  Qo'!  pe'vIl DIHIvlaH, <QaplaH> tlhob <be---HaH>  (??)
> >          (We can take whole by force, what they propose to divide.)

Do you agree with the first part of my reconstruction?  It does make sense:

   "No! (I refuse!) We can attack them by force..."

but the rest is still gibberish.

QeS:
>In relistening to this line a couple of weeks back, I almost had myself
>convinced I could hear the verb {luwav} "they divide it" as the fourth-last
>and antepenultimate syllables of Grokh's utterance,

I'm not sure I understand where you hear {luwav}.  Could you transcribe the
line for me?

>                                           but I couldn't work out
>what the rest might have been in order to make {luwav} make sense.

Could {tlhob <be---HaH>} be something like {Hoch wItlhaplaH} "we can take
it all"?

One would expect {chup} "recommend, suggest" or {neH} "want" for "they
propose" - but I couldn't hear anything even resembling these.  The final
<---HaH> might also be {chaH} "they".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons