tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 08 09:36:53 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: wav (verb)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, June 8, 2006.
>
>Klingon word:   wav
>Category:       Numbers
>Part of Speech: verb
>Definition:     divide

May have been used in ST6 during the war council on Kronos One after
Gorkon's assassination:

   Kerla:   DIHIvlaHtaHvIS DaH DIHIvnIS!
            (Attack them now, while we still can!)

   Khmarr:  DIHIvbe'ch[ugh] qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a' DImoj.       (?)
            (Attack or be slaves in their world.)

   Grokh:   Qo'!  pe'vIl DIHIvlaH, <QaplaH> tlhob <be---HaH>  (??)
            (We can take whole by force, what they propose to divide.)

Others heard Grokh say something like:

     <QaplaH <pla'> pe'vIl <Qapla' ghobe' laH'a'>    (???)

This line has long puzzled me.  If anyone wants to listen to this scene
again and decipher what Gen. Grokh is mumbling, I'd appreciate it.

N.B. {boqHa''egh} "dis-ally from oneself, dissociate from oneself" is used
in math for division (cf. HQ 9.3).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons