tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 02 07:43:45 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: Hur'Iq (noun)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Shane MiQogh:
> >During this game it appears a new Klingon cussword was introduced,
> >but weather or not one would choose to recognize it is up to you,
> >but it's official story wise. it sounds like "teqtaH" which could
> >also be a literal meaning, but worf said it in surprise.

QeS:
>"He is taking it off"? No, I don't think it would be meant to be interpreted
>literally.

This sounds suspiciously like Paramount's favorite insult {petaQ}:  p'tahk,
pahtk, pahtak, p'tak, etc.  (Are you sure the first consonant was a
/t/?)  Although it's always an epithet in the many times we've heard it in
the episodes, it's possible some writer mis-used it as an expletive in the
game.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons