tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 24 13:58:10 2006

Re: (KLBC) How does one express feelings...?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:  --- Shane MiQogh wrote:

> I have an objective to make TKD a luxury, rather
> than need. I don't mean copying or replacing, i
> wanna make it possible to learn Klingon without it,
> but, at the same time make TKD still wantable cause
> it'll be easier that way.

I have very serious reservations about using the BG
position to enable this plan. At the very least, it
seems like copyright infringement, because I would
eventually have to paraphrase the whole book to you.
As I see it, the BG position has existed to answer
questions like "In light of what it says in Section
5.5 of TKD, when exactly would you use {petaQ} as
opposed to {Hu'tegh}?". Asking the list essentially
to provide you with the contents of Section 5.5
because
you believe you either can't, don't want to or don't
need to buy the book seems like an abuse of the
system.

BTW, my own kids are into all sorts of things I either
have no interest in (eg chain mail) or no
understanding
of. It's no problem. I buy them the books they ask
for
at Christmas and birthdays whether it's something I
would read or not. I think you are not giving
parentdom
enough credit.

-- ter'eS

Well, many parents (especially mothers, good thing i don't have to put up with mine) is they get concerned, i'm nto sayin all parents, but a mijority of parents would get concerned, cause of what could result. Now i know it *MAY* anger some of you to know, but some would actually use Klingon as a new language of love, think about how you feel about hearing that now (warior language as love language), then imagin if your kid was using it as a love language and you didn't understand klingon. You know how parents get, sometimes they're right, sometimes they aren't.

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos

Back to archive top level