tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 14:16:24 2006

Re: meyrI'Daq 'oHtaH gho'e'

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

That once again brings up my point on how he could have made many of the klingon words.

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:  Quvar:
>If I remember correctly, Marc Okrand gave us at least one new word at the
>latest qep'a': {meyrI'} "square".
>
>I just noticed a possible pun, because in France the city hall ("la mairie")
>is usually connected to a square.

That's one idea.

My guess was that this referred to someone named Mary, whom he considered
to be a "square" (i.e. a dull, conservative person). We know he's punned
on the names of his acquaintances before ({jIl}, {qa'rI'}, {megh'an},
{'er'In}, etc.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons