tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 21:33:52 2006

Re: yopwaH

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, well, technically then, calling them "pantlegs" would also work, but humans are lazy and we'll never call them panlegs. lol

Russ Perry Jr <[email protected]> wrote:  At 8:33 PM -0800 1/22/06, Shane MiQogh wrote:
>Russ Perry Jr wrote:
>> jangpu' lay'SIv, ja':
>>> I've never, in 50 years, heard anyone talk about one of the two
>>> leggings of a pair of trousers as a 'pant'.

>> Yet "pantleg" isn't that unusual. Perhaps a singular, unbound,
>> form of "pant" is obsolete, but the bound form isn't dead yet.

> are you saying it was mearly a contraction, and it's actually pant
> legs that we wear everyday?

No. I'm saying that while the word "pant" (singular of "pants") is
never heard today, it still exists as a bound morpheme in the word
"pantleg".
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 [email protected] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||

Yahoo! Photos