tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 28 23:56:32 2006

Re: quadrotriticale {loSpev}

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Well, they do have REAL matter anti matter plants in the US, i
>don't know about the other countries.

The plants are for the scientific study of antimatter, not for its
harnessing as power.

Switzerland has CERN, if I recall rightly.

>It dosn't need to be super powerful to have the properties it has
>in star trek. Hell, a penny would pass for a dilithium chrystal in a
>matter anti matter chamber.

ghobe'. pIvghorDaq Qu'vetlh luta'be' cha'pujqutmey. pIvghor pat 'elbogh rugh
luvuS qut, 'ej pat 'el rugh yap 'e' luchaw'. qech vIqawchu'chugh, peQ
chem'a'Daq qutmey vegh rugh 'op neH 'e' luchaw' qut. (maw'law' qech, 'ach
QeD lut 'oH, QeD chut 'oHbe'...)

That isn't what dilithium does in a warp drive. Dilithium crystals act as a
filter - a bottleneck, if you like - for the antimatter entering the warp
reaction chamber, making sure that only a certain amount of antimatter is
let into the warp chamber at a time. IIRC the idea is that dilithium
crystals in a certain strength of electromagnetic field become porous to
antimatter. (Thoroughly outrageous from a scientific point of view, but
then, that's why it's called science *fiction*.)

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Shopping made easy @ tradingpost.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpost%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Freferrer%3DnmsnHMetagv1&_t=753082530&_r=emailtagline&_m=EXT