tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 28 23:42:32 2006

Re: quadrotriticale {loSpev}

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'SIv, ja':
>Dilithium could also refer to a transuranic element that resembles lithium
>in some way, such as outer shell configuration.

vaj, lithium rur Hoch ghom chong wa'DIch: sodium, potassium, rubidium,
caesium, francium je. (chaq bIQSIp je.)

>"Dilithium" would have to be a nickname, though, I think, because we
>have numeric syllables to create arbitrary chemical element names, such
>as unipentihexium, i.e., element 156.

Perhaps sodium (the next alkali metal) is the true dilithium? Maybe plain
old sodium chloride crystals could regulate a matter-antimatter reaction,
and ordinary potassium is what has been called trilithium... <g>

(Aside: Since we're on the topic of sodium... I just noticed that {na'} "be
salty" is probably a pun on the sodium contained in table salt. Sodium's
chemical symbol is Na.)

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

New year, new job ? there's more than 100,00 jobs at SEEK
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=752315885&_r=Jan05_tagline&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level