tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 01 14:17:24 2006

Re: wIqIpe'DIya

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

McArdle wrote:
> > I looked up {De'} and {qun} in TKD but their definitions didn't help
> > me much.  What is a "data history"?  A blog?

De'vID:
>I haven't been following the discussion, but in the context of
>Wikipedia, the first thing I think of on reading <De' qun> is the
>"history" of edits that accompanies every page. Click on the "history"
>tab across the top of any article to see how the contents of that page
>has changed over time.
>
>For example:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Klingon_language&action=history

 From De'vID's above example:

   For any version listed below, click on its date to view it.
   For more help, see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w//wiki/Help:Page_history>Help:Page history and
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w//wiki/Help:Edit_summary>Help:Edit summary.

So, {De'qun} is "page history", {De'} being used as there is no known word
for "page".  ({nav} "paper" and even {navmIch} have been so used on this
list in the past.)  Although I don't understand Thorwald's syntax,
{De'qunDajDaq ghItlhta'} works for "he wrote on his/its page history".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level