tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 27 11:44:18 2004

Online resources for the Klingon language (was Re: boQ)

ngabwI' wrote:
>Daqvam yInuD:
>http://www.socbetbib.lu.se/epubl/sochtm/SOC04014.htm
>pa', "Klingon as Linguistic Capital.pdf" DaSuqlaH.

The full title is:

"Klingon as Linguistic Capital: A Sociologic Study of Nineteen Advanced
Klingonists" by Yens Wahlgren
http://www.socbetbib.lu.se/epubl/sochtm/SOC04014.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/yensw/

I looked through my notes and compiled a list of other online articles and
resources which may be helpful:

"A Brief History of Klingon" by Dr. Lawrence Schoen:
<http://www.morgenwelt.de/futureframe/000131-klingon.htm>http://www.morgenwelt.de/futureframe/000131-klingon.htm
http://tinyurl.com/45oop

"The Klingon Language" by Hoovooloo (only name given)
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A744860>http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A744860

"Klingon and Esperanto: The Odd Couple?" by Glen Proechel
(A short article first published in "Esperanto U.S.A." in 1994)
http://donh.best.vwh.net/Languages/klingon.html

The Wikipedia's brief description of Klingon
<http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_language>http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_language

The FAQ for the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list:
<http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm>http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm
http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm [5/2004]

The Klingon Language Institute:
</>http://www.kli.org

Klingonska Akademien - includes documentation of all canon, careful
analyses, links, and reference materials.
<http://www.klingonska.org/>http://www.klingonska.org/

"Definition of Klingon language" (a nice introduction to the language)
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Klingon_language

<http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/e/Hol/>The Klingon Language - includes
dictionary and analysis program, translations of English works, links, and
other resources.
<http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/e/Hol/>http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/e/Hol/

Klingon Language resources at Google
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Social_Sciences/Linguistics/Languages/Constructed/Fictional/Klingon/>http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Social_Sciences/Linguistics/Languages/Constructed/Fictional/Klingon/

Webster's definition of Klingon
<http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/Klingon%20language>http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/Klingon%20language

--
Voragh