tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 18 05:21:58 2004

Re: CYA

In a message dated 2004-10-17 10:25:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> At work we have a saying that we use a lot:
> CYA, cover your ass.
>
> It has to do with making sure that you've done everything
> in your power to make sure that you're prepared for the worst.
> i.e. getting it in writing.

I think I encounter the expression more frequently in the meaning of doing
whatever it takes to keep from being blamed when something goes wrong.

{vIta'pu'be'}

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level