tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 01 17:19:33 2004

Re: imperative with VS9 (-bogh)

In a message dated 2004-10-01 7:00:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> What is {QIn yIleghbogh ngeHpu' vavwI'} supposed to mean?  Every time I try
> to translate it into intelligible English, it comes out the same way I'd
> translate {QIn ngeHpu'bogh vavwI' yIlegh}.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

It's pretty much the same thing.  In English the q.v. is used parenthetically
as a reference to further information, and maybe the Klingon version has (or
can have) the same sense.  In your rephrasing the emphasis shifts from "QIn
ngeHpu' vavwI'" to "QIn yIlegh".

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level