tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 31 11:34:11 2004

Re: vav Dunqoq - vavqoq Dun?

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> If I say "socalled great father"
> I think of
>   {vav Dunqoq}
> because
>   {vavqoq Dun}
> sounds like "great socalled father"
>
> Or remains this Klingon just ambiguous like this?

As pointed out, /-qoq/ is Type 3, not Type 5, so it can't be placed on the
adjective/verb.  However, keep in mind that there are plenty of good verb
suffixes to use.  How about /vav Dunlaw'/ for "so-called great father"?

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
       "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"

Back to archive top level